Aims, Values and Ethos
Our School Aims / Mission
At the end of the summer term members of the school council, governors and staff met together to design a series of statements which articulate our shared vision, values and beliefs.
A common thread was that the school should raise the aspirations of all the children and ensure that they are literate, numerate and articulate. In addition our school should be a place where children are listened to, are treated fairly and with respect and where there are opportunities for new experiences in a supportive and organised environment.
Each child within the school is seen as an individual with something unique and positive to offer. Our aim is to guide each child to fulfil their potential in a structured, caring and stimulating environment in order to provide the best possible education for the children of Cale Green.
Our ‘vision’ statement, created by staff and governors working together, sets out what how we want to achieve for the children as individuals, the school as a whole and the community:
Cale Green will be a school in which:
- Each child is valued and seen as a unique individual
- Each child will fulfil their potential in a structured and caring environment with access to a broad curriculum and a wide range of enrichment and engagement activities
- Each child will have the confidence, skills and perseverance to approach new challenges – embracing a ‘can do’ culture
- Independent and collaborative learners are created, children who are creative and critical thinkers and who grow in confidence, understanding and tolerance together
- The whole community is embraced, encouraging participation and ownership
- We will provide the best possible education for all the children of Cale Green – preparing them for life in modern British society!
Each class also creates its own vision statement at the beginning of each academic year and these are shared with the whole school and are displayed in the classroom.