Pupil Acceptable Use Policy for Key Stage 1 Spring 2021
Pupil Acceptable Use Policy – Key Stage 1
- Digital technologies have become integral to the lives of children and young people, both within schools and outside school. These technologies are powerful tools, which open up new opportunities for everyone. These technologies can stimulate discussion, promote creativity and stimulate awareness of context to promote effective learning. Young people should have an entitlement to safe internet access at all times.
This Acceptable Use Agreement is intended to ensure:
- That young people will be responsible users and stay safe while using the internet and other digital technologies for educational, personal and recreational use.
- That school systems and users are protected from accidental or deliberate misuse that could put the security of the systems and will have good access to digital technologies to enhance their learning and will, in return, expect the pupils to agree to be responsible users.
This is how we stay safe when we use computers:
- I will ask a teacher or suitable adult if I want to use the computers / tablets
- I will only use activities that a teacher or suitable adult has told or allowed me to use
- I will take care of the computer and other equipment
- I will ask for help from a teacher or suitable adult if I am not sure what to do or if I think I have done something wrong
- I will tell a teacher or suitable adult if I see something that upsets me on the screen
- I will not share any personal information such as my name, age or address without a teacher’s permission
- I will be polite and responsible when I send messages and communicate with others
- I know that if I break the rules I might not be allowed to use a computer / tablet
Parent / carer signature: